Stretch, breathe and dance your way into easier labour
Recent research from Manchester University working with the British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) suggests that attending specialised yoga classes can reduce stress and fear associated with childbirth by a third. Check it out
As a pregnancy specialist having trained with the BWY, Birthlight and Yogabirth, my classes are taught on an exercise ball and combine relaxed stretching, yoga dance, breathing, massage and relaxation techniques to provide a toolkit for birth and beyond. Pregnancy is a time when radical changes are taking place in your body and yoga can really help you attune to your new body, adapt your mindset and grow in confidence.
Support is so important during pregnancy, which is why I teach modifications of classical yoga asana using a variety of props and keep my class size small so that I can adapt for pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain. I also believe that the birth partner’s role is equally important, which is why I have designed my couples yoga workshop programme. Check out my upcoming events
- Breathing practices boost vitality and promote calm
- Relieves aching joints and muscles
- Promotes healthy tone in the muscles lining the floor of the pelvis
- Integrates the body, mind and breath to energise and heal
Why use a ball?
I enjoyed Natalie’s pregnancy yoga classes. She is very knowledgeable and her classes were tailored to our needs. She is an amazing teacher. I always felt rejuvenated after her class. I strongly recommend her class.
Couples yoga for active labour workshop
- Work together with your birthing partner
- Be guided through yoga postures beneficial for pregnancy/labour
- Learn relaxation, breathing and massage for pregnancy/labour
- Enjoy a bonding meditation with your baby
Running 22nd January, 2nd April, 16th July, 15th October 2022
What is Pelvic Girdle Pain?
Pelvic Girdle Pain Poses