Attending a weekly yoga class can reduce stress and fears of labour by a third
Research from Manchester University suggests that attending specialised yoga classes can help curb fear, depression and anxiety to facilitate a happier, healthier you.
My classes are taught on an exercise ball and combine gentle posture work with breathing techniques to provide a toolkit for birth and beyond. I adhere to strict standards of safety, as set out by the British Wheel of Yoga, adapting classic yoga poses to suit and providing access to props where appropriate. My class sizes are limited to eight people, so that I can modify and re-align accordingly.
- Breathing practices boost vitality and promote calm
- Relieves aching joints and muscles
- Promotes healthy tone in the muscles lining the floor of the pelvis
- Integrates the body, mind and breath to energise and heal
Why use a ball?
I enjoyed Natalie’s pregnancy yoga classes. She is very knowledgeable and her classes were tailored to our needs. She is an amazing teacher. I always felt rejuvenated after her class. I strongly recommend her class.Nalini Sadasivam
Couples yoga for active labour workshop
- Work together with your birthing partner
- Be guided through yoga postures beneficial for pregnancy/labour
- Learn relaxation, breathing and massage for pregnancy/labour
- Enjoy a bonding meditation with your baby